Staff has been hard at it and have a plan regarding the governor’s announcement on Friday (5/8/20) about easing the restrictions on religious services. There is A LOT of information to cover, please read it! The good news is… wait for it… wait for it… WE WILL WORSHIP LIVE AND IN PERSON AS OF 5/17/20! PLEASE NOTE: Item #10 below is updated as of 5/27/20.
Before we dive into the details, we want to make sure that you understand that your decision to participate, or not to participate, will be respected! Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you have to do something! More than anything, we want you to make the decision that is best for you, your family and your loved ones.
In addition to saying that, we would also encourage those that are considered high risk; whether it be age, underlying health conditions, medications that suppress the immune system, or other reasons to stay at home. Just know that we still love you and we will miss you, but we see no need in taking an unnecessary risk. For those of you that stay home… we will miss you!
We also want to take this opportunity to let you know that in addition to Facebook Live, we will also Live Stream the messages to our own website each Sunday morning at https://www.villaheights.com/gather/live-stream.
Now, let’s dig into the details… We are calling this Phase 2 our COVID-19 Response… we are currently in Phase 1. Just as with Phase 1, the following will be in place until further notice.
First and foremost we are thankful to have the opportunity to gather and worship, however, it will be much different than what we are used to. We have three considerations that we MUST consider at this point for gatherings here at church.
- Social Distancing – It is absolutely imperative for everyone to practice maintaining 6 feet of distance between people not in your family unit. Smiles instead of handshakes. Air hugs instead of body hugs. All of our members and guests need to feel safe up here. That’s the only way to have everyone to feel comfortable. Please respect this request!
- Cleaning – Sanitation is a huge priority. We are putting together a team and have supplies ready to keep everything clean and disinfected that we normally use… including pews. If you would consider being part of this team, please contact Mary Beth.
- Children – Kids cannot be expected to keep social distancing rules except when they are with their family. Therefore, there will be no Sunday morning children activities separate from parents. We will wait until parents get guidance from schools before we implement Sunday morning activities for children.
Now, here is what you can expect Sunday mornings for Worship services beginning May 17th:
- Sunday morning Worship services on campus this Sunday will be 8:30am, 9:45am and 11:00am. We may change this next week depending on how many people we have in attendance. The services will last for 45 minutes.
- We MUST practice social distancing inside and outside!
- Children must stay with their family unit at all times.
- The coffee station will be closed.
- Greeters will greet you outside and someone will open the door for you.
- Ushers will greet you at one of the three inside entrances to the worship center.
- Ushers will then seat you. Please do not expect to get “your seat.” They will seat everyone based on the order you come in from front to back and skipping every other pew and six feet apart between individuals/family units. If your family drives separately, but wants to sit together, we ask that you come through the doors together.
- After the service ushers will dismiss row by row beginning with the back row first.
- We must exit the building quickly and efficiently so it can be cleaned and ready for the next service. You can fellowship outside keeping social distancing rules. The playground is closed on Sunday morning.
- UPDATED 5/27/20 - Pursuant with the governor's mandate on 5/26/20 - Everyone is strongly encouraged to wear a mask while inside the building.
- We have installed Tithe & Offering drop boxes at all three entrances to the Worship Center. You can place your Tithes & Offerings in these boxes as you enter or leave the Worship Center. You can continue to give electronically and by mailing your offering as well.
Here are some additional points of interest:
- Virtual Sunday School classes will continue meeting! Our largest physical classroom will only seat 8 people while meeting the social distancing requirements. If you want to get involved with a Virtual Sunday School class contact Willie or Frank.
- Sunday School classes may schedule official fellowship events on campus. These events MUST be scheduled and rules will apply. Contact Willie if you are interested.
- Youth and Children’s ministries may begin fellowship events on campus. These events MUST be scheduled, supervised by Pastor Rick or Mary Beth and rules will apply.
- No private events can be scheduled at this time on campus as they are not considered religious functions.